Postgraduate study Marketing and Trade Management within a double degree program with Kaunas Faculty, Vilnius University, Lithuania
Based on the signed Agreement on Implementation of Master's programme of II cycle of study Marketing and Trade Management between Vilnius University from Vilnius, Lithuania and International University Travnik from Travnik, Bosnia and Herzegovina, which was signed in Travnik on 17.12.0216, on behalf of the Rector of IUT, Academician, Prof. Dr Ibrahim Jusufranić and on behalf of the Rector of VU, Dean of the Kaunas Faculty, Assoc. Prof. Dr Kęstutis Driaunys, in the academic year 2017/18 begins studies within the above cycle.
"Double master - Double success" – in English language
The significance of the Cooperation Agreement is reflected in the fact that the realization of double degree diploma is going to happen in cooperation with the most renowned universities in Lithuania, which is not only one of the oldest universities in Europe which has started in 1579 as Jesuit Academy and was founded by the Grand Duke of Lithuania and King of Poland, His Majesty Stephen Báthory, but also the university that is today ranked within the top 500 universities in the world.
Based on the above, the simple conclusion follows - Faculty of Economics, International University Travnik and our study of Marketing and Trade Management is in the same level with the Kaunas Faculty of Vilnius University when it comes to the identical cycle of studies, with the expectation that the joint realization of this important project successfully start from 1.9.2017. We are expecting that we will justify academic affiance given by the side of the most important European universities.
What should be noted is that the complete realization of preparation, shaping and announcements of joint study program started on the initiative of the today's Head of the Committee of Study programme within IUT, our professor, Assoc. Prof. Dr Sabahudin Hadžialić who, in cooperation with colleagues from Kaunas Faculty of Vilnius University: Vice-dean of KnF, Prof. Dr Jadvyga Krūminienė; Head of the Committee of Study programme on behalf of the KnF, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Vilma Tamulienė with associates, managed to successfully prepare a complete coordination of the activities of the upcoming start of the study.
Adjustments of the assumed possibilities
It has been established a successful coordination between the professors of the modules from both faculties, as well shaped up the following preparation acts:
1. Have been conducted adjustments and establishing of individual Syllabuses for all modules of study
2. Have been determined professors on both sides (in BiH and in Lithuania)
3. Have been prepared detailed information on the double degree study on both web pages of universities, which can be, in detail, seen at these links:
4. Have been established a special Facebook page for easier and more successful coordination with students which can be visited here.
5. Have been produced an advertising and promotional materials (posters, banners, brochures)
At the same time, in March 2017 are, in a joint Committee of the study program of KnF_VU and EF_IUT based at Kaunas University, Vilnius University, chaired by Assoc. Prof. Dr Vilma Tamulienė, are co-opted two representatives of the International University Travnik, as equal members:
- Dean of the Faculty of Economics IUT, Prof. Dr Enes Huseinagić
- Head of the Committee of study program of IUT,
The complete study process is conducted in English language and students will, during the two-year duration of the study, within four semesters, spend half the time within the academic appearance (2 semesters out of 4) at IUT or at VU, depending on where they have realized their student admission.
The answers are simple:
- Having finished "Marketing and Trade Management", graduates of "Marketing and Trade Management" acquire knowledge and skills necessary for their successful competition in the market within the fields of marketing, trade and management. Graduates of this programme may work as marketing, market research or trade specialists, consultants, project managers in national, international organizations as well as state institutions. Moreover, graduates of "Marketing and Trade Management" may pursue PhD studies in the fields of Management, Economics and Marketing and Trade.
- Acquirement of double degree diplomas- diploma from International University Travnik in Bosnia and Herzegovina, which is recognized throughout the EU and diploma from Vilnius University from the European Union, the university that is among the 500 best ranked universities in the world.
Top professors from both universities will give lectures in English using the latest textbooks in English within the given modules.
International University of Travnik
Travnik, Bosnia and Herzegovina